Sunday, April 24, 2011

Chocolate Ganache Recipe

Hi everybody, as I promised before, hereby I share my recipe of Chocolate ganache which suist to decorate my chocolate cake.

Ganache is from French is a glaze, icing or filling for pastries made from chocolate and cream.  Its origins date to around 1850, when it was invented in either Switzerland or France.  Ganache is normally made by heating heavy/double cream. then pouring it over dark semi-sweet chocolate.    Here are the ingredients:

1 litre of whipping cream (I usually use Emborg brand)
50gm butter
3 tablespoons of golden syrup
1 kg of chocolate cooking

Method:
1.  Firstly, heat the steamer
2.  Pour the whipping cream into another pot and heat it on the steamer.
3.  Add in the golden syrup and the butter.
4.  When you see the butter had melt, put in the chopped chocolate.
5.  Turn off the stove and keep on stirring the chocolate until it is fine.
The ratio of chocolate to cream is varied to obtain the desired consistency. Typically, two parts chocolate to one part cream are used for filling cakes , while one to one is commonly used as a glaze. Cooled ganache can be whipped to increase volume and spread to cover a cake. 

View the pictures on how I decorate my chocolate sponge cake for my schoolmate, Hanisah.

















1 comment:

s2001 said...

lovely. u inspired me to make ganache

You may also like to see

Related Posts with Thumbnails