I made the birthday cake for Rosmawati's daughter, Nurin Nabihah. She prefered American Chocolate cake with chocolte ganache topping. I decided to change my art decoration slightly on the cake, from roses to sunflowers and tulips.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
4 egg whites
6 egg yolks
200 gm castor sugar
a bit of salt
10 gm SP Emulsifier
130 gm superfine flour
30 ml UHT Milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
melted butter/ corn oil
350gm Non-dairy whipping cream
300gm blueberry pie filling
100gm cooking chocolate
For deco Red cherries
1. Pour ingredients (A) into mixing bowl. Place the mixing bowl in a pot of water heated to 40-
42 C . Mix well.
2. Whip ingredients (A) till light and fluffy.
3. Fold in ingredients (B) gradually.
4. Add ingredients (C) slowly and mix well.
5. Mix ingredients (D) till well blended. Coat the cake mould with butter. Pour the mixture into
the mould. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 30-35 minutes.
6. Once baked, invert the cake onto wire rack for 5 minutes and turn over again. This is to
prevent the surface of the cake from sinking.
1. Slice the sponge cake into 3 layers.
2. Whisk fresh cream until light and fluffy to make icing. Mix 1/2 icing with 1/2 blueberry pie
filling, then sandwich between the layers of the cake.
3. Coat the whole cake smoothly with the remaining icing. Top with blueberry pie filling.
4. Decorate with red cherries and melted cooking chocolate.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
Firstly, you need a kg of moist chocolate cake. Cut it into 3 layers.
Each layer is covered with chocolate fresh cream. Then arrange sliced bananas on top.
The 3 layers of cake.
Covered the whole cake with chocolate fresh cream.
Pour the chocolate ganache on top of the cake.
Decorate the cake with buttercream roses and leaves.
The finishing of my chocolate banana cake.