Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Steamed Fruit Cake







Salam Viewers.  Its been a quite long time I did not update my blog as there were lots of my school work that I have to complete within this month.  Happy Chinese New Year to all my Chinese friends and happy holidays to the others.  Today I have my favourite fruit cake recipe which I would love to share with you.  This recipe was taken from Cake Talk by Wendy Kor. This cake is suitable for the fondant cake as it last long andtastes better. 
STEAMED FRUIT CAKE
Ingredients:
A)           150gm butter
                150gm margarine
                10gm ovelette
                220gm castor sugar
                A pinch of salt
B)            4 grade A eggs
C)            300gm high protein flour
                1gm baking powder
D)           1/2tsp mixed spice
                ½ vanilla essence
                180gm caramel
                1tsp fruit cake paste
                500gm mixed fruits
                50gm red cherries
                50gm green cherries

Method
1.        Beat ingredients (A) on low speed for 1 minute.  Scrape the bottom and sides before beating on high speed for 3 minutes.
2.       Add in eggs gradually.  Scrape and mix for 3 minute on high speed.
3.       Then blend in ingredients (C) on low speed for ½ minute.
4.       Add in ingredients (D) and mix well.  Pour the batter into a greased mould and cover with aluminium foil.  Use the medium heat to steam bake for 3 hours.

No comments:

You may also like to see

Related Posts with Thumbnails